NW corner – Bridge & Park
Byron See built his store on this corner after purchasing the lot in the 1879 Philo Beers estate sale. After a number of years in business, he sold the store to Mr. Burnett, who opened his Dry Goods, Carpets, & Notions store there. The building burned in a 1906 fire, the aftermath of which is shown in the picture on the left.
A new building was erected. It was the site of many different businesses over the years. The picture at the right shows it when it was the Adams lunchroom in the mid-1930s. Today it contains Simonsen Bakery and Cafe.
This is where the Park Avenue Tour begins.
Pictures courtesy of the Charlevoix Historical Society.
Copyright 2011 by Charlevoix County History Preservation Society. All rights reserved.